And the Emmy goes to…NBC’s “Travel Café St. Moritz”!
The Engadin Valley, one of the most spectacular regions in the world, deserves an Emmy alone just for its beauty. Last Saturday night the unthinkable happened. This stunning region won its first Emmy, even though they were up against their worst competition in the category of best entertainment programming, the Emmys themselves! This is the second time that a program in the U.S. featuring Switzerland as a travel destination receives the coveted TV Oscar! The show, hosted by Chuck Henry, was produced in close cooperation with Destination Engadin/St. Moritz.
Maja Gartmann from Switzerland Tourism holding Emmy award with host and producer of NBC’s Travel Cafe show, Chuck Henry!
Steve Martin Performing with the Steep Canyon Rangers
The first of two acts will consist of pieces by composers such as Tchaikovsky, Danny Elfman, Elton John, Hans Zimmer and Lebo M. Mauceri will narrate and put into context not just the history of each composer’s works but also its use as inspiration for the films in which it appears. Simultaneously, other elements will give a glimpse into the creative process: choral vocals, and costume designs and production renderings from famous live-action films combine to create a multi-dimensional experience.
Iconic comedian, actor, author and songwriter Steve Martin makes a very special appearance at Walt Disney Concert Hall to perform songs from his new album, The Crow: New Songs for the Five-String Banjo, which currently sits at the top of the Billboard Bluegrass Album Chart. This performance follows his recent sell out at Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry. Martin won a Grammy for his collaboration with Earl Scruggs on Foggy Mountain Breakdown in 2001, and was recently nominated for 6 International Bluegrass Music Awards.
Reinventing the “radio play” of the past, the second act will consist of a never-before-seen (or heard) approach to the classic animated film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. This symphonic retelling will include live narration and vocals, along with edits of the original orchestrations from the film’s famous tunes and underscoring. In a setting appropriate for the entire family, the reading will be fun, casual and light-hearted – and will shed a completely new light on one of Disney’s most famous classics.
- Updated Mandatory Evacuations and Road Closures-0900 Hours
- Glendale: Sky Ridge, Sky View Lane, Brittany Lane & Deukmejian Wilderness Park
- Altadena: Chaney Trail at Angeles National Forest gate-Road Closure
- Tujunga: On and north of Day Street between Haines Canyon Road and Lowell Avenue-LA City
- Acton/Agua Dulce: Soledad Canyon Road from 14 Freeway to Bootlegger Canyon Road. Angeles Forest Highway & south of Aliso Canyon Road into the forest
- Angeles Nation Forest-Angeles Crest Highway between Big Pines Highway and the National Forest Boundary in
- La Canada-Flintridge-Road Closure
- Little Tujunga Road between Placerita Canyon Road and Osborne–Road Closure
- Big Tujunga Road between Mt. Gleason Avenue to Angeles Forest Highway-Road Closure
Flag Football Leagues
Register now for 5-man all-passing flag football leagues in South Pasadena, Van Nuys/ Balboa Park as well as Santa Fe Springs. Evening and weekend leagues begin this month. Inter-league playoffs with neighboring counties. For more information, call (877) 846-3178 or visit www.TopGunFlagFootball.com. (Must be 18 years or older to play. Referees needed.)