Inspired by and featuring the songs of Elvis Presley with a cast of 26 including onstage band Fri., Apr. 13 – Sun., Apr. 22
Book by Tony Award winner Joe DiPietro
- Songs Inspired by Elvis Presley
- Directed by Barry Pearl
- Choreographed by Keenon Hooks and Cassie Silva
- Musical Direction by Emily Cohn
All Shook Up tells the all-new story of a square little town in the middle of a square state in the middle of a square decade where a lonely young girl dreams of hitting the open road. Into her life rides a guitar playin’ roustabout who changes everything.
Top 10 reasons to see ‘All Shook Up’
- A Broadway musical is great entertainment for the whole family!
- You already know and love all the songs.
- 50,000,000 Elvis fans can’t be wrong.
- It’s a nice break from politics!
- This year you won’t mind missing a Lakers or a Clippers game.
- When else can you wear your blue suede shoes?
- The music is hot and the dancers are hotter!
- You can support the arts and rock out simultaneously.
- Perfect opportunity to tell everybody about that time you dated Elvis.
- For great entertainment, you cannot beat a Broadway show.
What Broadway critics are saying
- Michael Sommers of Star-Ledger says, “It’s an unexpected delight to discover that All Shook Up proves to be a terrifically entertaining time. You ain’t nothin’ but a hound dog if you don’t dig this fun show.”
- Michael Kuchwara of Associated Press says, “A mixed-up merry-go-round of fun anchored by all those Presley tunes. Lightweight, to be sure, but it floats very nicely indeed.”
- Frank Scheck of The Hollywood Reporter says, “A likable, entertaining show that even comes close to the gold standard of the genre, Mamma Mia!, in terms of getting the formula right. Although All Shook Up is unlikely to reach that show’s monstrous level of success, it should enjoy a healthy Broadway run.”
“All Shook Up” plays Friday, April 13-Sunday, April 22. Tickets range from $25 for the preview and then $40 to $60. A special discount of $10 when you mention The Tolucan Times. Call (818) 508-4200 for this family-friendly musical. El Portal Theatre is located at 5269 Lankershim Blvd in North Hollywood.