Buy Your Next Car Without Fear — Get Inside the Minds of Car Dealers
By Ray Lopez
Does buying a car make you dread having to deal with the psychological ploys and manipulative schemes that, unfortunately, many car salesman use against everyday consumers like yourself?
As a retired car salesman of 30 years, I have a tip for anyone who’s ever had that fear when buying a car…and the answer is to get inside the minds of the car dealers. By looking at the process of what it takes to sell you a car — especially in this economy — from the inside out, you can buy your next car with confidence and get a fair deal and a car you actually want to buy.
While I offer a step-by-step guide in my book, Inside the Minds of Car Dealers: How to Buy Your Next Car Without Fear, here are a few simple starter points:
- Drive by the dealers whose brand you’re interested in on the weekend and look for the red flags
- If a salesman asks if “you’re buying today,” walk out and don’t turn back
- If a salesman turns you to another salesman or “closer,” walk out and don’t turn back
- Never shop on a weekend when high pressure salesmen are at their worst
- If a salesman talks about payments before agreeing on the selling price, walk out and don’t turn around — no matter what the salesman says
Before you buy your next car, ask me how you can get inside the salesman’s mind on my consumer help page: www.facebook.com/raythesalesguy.