Get Smart on the Hottest Hollywood Races This Season
Whether you follow music, film or celebrity pop culture, impress your friends with awards season knowledge
(ARA) – Everyone loves a great competition and this year is packed full of anticipated races. Whether you are interested in celebrities vying for an Oscar, who wins Album of the Year at the Grammys, or the race to the top for the presidential nomination, a good rivalry just can’t be beat. According to a recent survey by Bing, while 21 percent of respondents are most interested in the road to the presidential conventions this winter, the hottest ticket this season is the big awards shows, with 68 percent of respondents equally or more invested in the Grammys or Oscars than the race to the political convention nominations. With so many interesting competitions taking place, how can you learn about and keep track of all the nominated films, songs and people?
By spending a little time doing research, you can impress friends with your knowledge of all the key players in the most anticipated races this season. Bing’s lifestyle expert, Karin Muskopf shares her tips on how to get smart on your favorite nominated celebrity, movie or album and make this year’s hottest races even more fun to watch:
* Plan a few fun nights. The best ways to learn about nominated movies and music can also be the most fun. Check out the lists of nominees and plan a few movie nights or listening parties with your friends to experience the hottest films and albums for yourself. Find movie times or concert listings near you with Bing Entertainment. Take note of your favorites and be ready to pick the winners on the big night based on what you see, hear and experience.
* Research what’s already won – and place your bets. By the time the Academy Awards roll around, Hollywood has already hosted several other awards shows, including the Critics’ Choice Awards, SAG Awards and Golden Globes. Use Bing Entertainment to search nominees and see who’s already won – they could win again. Make the night even more exciting by hosting a party or organizing an office bracket to bet on winners.
* Catch up on latest gossip. Hollywood’s hottest couples often use awards shows as a fun date night out on the town, while new couples take advantage of the red carpet to step out together for the first time. Unplanned run-ins and new or unexpected couplings are always hot on the Hollywood radar. Bing Entertainment’s Celebrity Connections feature lets you see who’s connected to who, what stars are newly coupled or single, or who might have the most outrageous red carpet arrival this season.
* Get inspired by red carpet glamour. Awards show watchers know that celebrities bring their fashion “A” game when walking the red carpet and its one of the key reasons why we all tune in. Of all the red carpet looks to watch for, 53 percent of respondents believe Angelina Jolie will wow us this year and take home the “Best Dressed” title, with Emma Stone and Michelle Williams also in the running as potential fashion winners. After the show, look to the best dressed stars for fashion inspiration and brighten up the dreary winter by making red carpet trends part of your wardrobe.
* Substance over style. There are many other exciting and important competitions to follow this year beyond the big awards shows. Make sure you keep up with the latest news on the political conventions and nominees, as well as the hottest buzz in the 2012 presidential race. Bing News surfaces up-to-the-minute news coverage, including videos from across the Web and the latest breaking stories, so you can be constantly informed and ready for any race that interests you this year.
Whatever race interests you the most, getting smart and researching in advance makes the experience all the more enjoyable. By spending a little time – and making it fun – you can impress your friends with your knowledge of red carpet fashion trends, pick the most likely winner for Best Picture or provide the office with gossip behind why your favorite leading man is arriving on the red carpet solo.
For more ideas on how to get smart on the nominees this season, pick winners and become an expert on your favorite movie, album or celebrity this awards season, go to www.Bing.com/Entertainment.