The Smoke House Restaurant on Pass Ave. in Burbank was built at the end of WWII and is one of the few L.A. restaurants of that era to survive to today. It has the decor and aura of a different age and has grown steadily with the growth of the movie industry and through word of mouth in the community.
The original restaurant was located at the corner of Pass and Riverside Ave., seated 46 people and was enjoyed by local luminaries like Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. The Smoke House was so successful and packed with customers that they soon began looking for a new building. In 1949 the Smoke House moved to its current location where the old Red Coach Inn was built.
Located beside the world famous Warner Brothers lot, and known for their famous garlic bread, the Smoke House is a favorite hangout for actors, producers and anyone in the industry. In the 60’s in was common to come in for lunch and find the place filled with costumed cowboy and Indian extras having lunch. Owner Marti Spencer also owns The Warehouse Restaurant in Marina Del Rey.