By Ann Sheeler
Planning your wedding should be an exciting time but it can also be a very hectic time if you don’t know where to start. That’s where Bridal Showplace comes in.
Bridal Showplace has been producing Bridal Shows in Southern California for fourteen years. Each show is filled with local wedding professionals who come together under one roof to offer everything you need to plan your perfect wedding; from bakeries and coordinators to DJs, florists, venues, romantic honeymoon destinations and everything in between!
You can see actual samples of their work, compare services, taste cake and food samples, get money-saving offers, relax with a mini-spa massage, have a beauty makeover and even have your photo taken at the photo booths. Free wedding planners and magazines are given to each bride.
Dazzling fashion shows are presented where you can see the latest bridal fashions for the entire bridal party, as well as an entertainment showcase featuring top DJs and bands. Planning seminars and demonstrations are held by various exhibitors where you can get ideas and ask the experts your wedding planning questions.
You may win one of the door prizes worth $1,000 dollars, which are donated by the exhibitors. The grand prize couple will receive a honeymoon package in for a tropical getaway of 5 days and 4 nights in St. Thomas of the Virgin Islands.
To make your Bridal Show experience, both productive and enjoyable, we offer the following suggestions:
- Allow between 2-3 hours to browse. Decide what your needs are and see those type of vendors first.
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Take a pen and paper to take notes. Upon registering, you will receive a bag to put the business cards and promotional materials from the vendors.
- Take labels with your name, address, phone, email address and wedding date; these will come in handy when you sign up for prizes and special promotions.
- Bring a couple friends with you. Don’t be disappointed if your fiancé does not want to attend, only about 30% of them do.
- You can avoid long lines if you RSVP and buy your tickets in advance.
- If you want to attend the fashion show, find a seat early, at least 20 minutes before it starts. If you’re not interested in the fashion show, use this time to talk to vendors you are interested in, as this is a more quiet and calm time for them, giving you a better chance of their undivided attention.
- Be a savvy bride; don’t be afraid to ask questions. Make sure to take your checkbook or credit cards, just in case you might want to take advantage of some of the show offers.
Schedule for 2009 includes:
- March 22 – Hilton Hotel, Glendale
- April 26 – Sheraton Hotel, Cerritos
- May 17 – Hyatt Regency Hotel, Long Beach
- August 16 – The Queen Mary, Long Beach
- October 4 – Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel, Buena Park
- November 15 – Hilton Hotel, Pasadena
Bridal Showplace Bridal Shows are produced by Show-Case Productions and are held year-round. For exhibitor opportunities, call (562) 924-2048. Show Hours are from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Admission is $5.00. RSVP by phone at (562) 381-2865 or by email at email@example.com.