2013 Women’s Health Symposium
The Ovarian Cancer Coalition of Greater California will host an educational fundraiser; the sixth annual Women’s Health Symposium will be held on Saturday, April 20, 10 a.m.—2 p.m. at the Sportsmen’s Lodge in Studio City. The program will include boutique shopping and lunch. Distinguished keynote speakers will include:
- Dr. Eisner, MD, PhD UCLA Physician, Researcher (Gynecologic Oncology & Gynecology)
- Dr. Andrew John Li, MD, Gynecologic Oncologist, Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Dr. Lynda D. Roman, MD, Director Division of Oncology, USC, Keck School of Medicine
- Lori Corbin, Food Coach, Nutrition and Fitness Reporter, ABC7 Eyewitness News
- Chris Bledy, Survivor and Author
“Until there is a test, awareness is best.” Through awareness campaigns women will become more aware of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer and through early prevention lives will be saved. As research towards finding a cure for ovarian cancer continues, physicians remain focused on providing women with accurate, timely information about signs and symptoms offering genetic and screening information.
Symptoms that would alert women to get medical advice include: bloating, pelvic or abdominal pain, feeling full after eating, frequent urination, abnormal bleeding. Although these symptoms can be caused by conditions other than ovarian cancer, women who experience these symptoms almost daily for more than a couple of weeks should see a gynecologist and if there is a problem see a gynecologist/oncologist who is trained in ovarian cancer.
Lunch tickets are $25. Contact (818) 985-0288 or email@example.com to RSVP.
* Save the date: Sept. 15, 2013 — OCC 15th Annual Walk/Run, 7 a.m., CBS Studios in Studio City.